Life is pretty good here!

mrsannie
on 11/9/11 9:48 pm
I don't have the words to express my gratitude and happiness with my life now!  No, its not perfect by any means, and I have my problems as we all do, but I have a life!  I can enjoy the simple things without even a second thought, like a walk on a crisp autumn evening with my family, a bike ride with my son, raking leaves without being so winded that I quit in 15 minutes.  All the things I avoided, because it was too hard!

People say fat people are lazy, but its just downright exhausting to carry all the weight around all the time.  Try doing housework with 100lbs. around your neck!

I now am a healthy weight, off all my melds and no longer need my CAP!  As long as a I eat well and take my vitamins I will stay that way.

For many years I said I would never get LS, then when I finally realized I had no choice, I haven't looked back!  I just wish I did it sooner and didn't waste so much of my life being unhealthy and unhappy.  I would do this again in a heartbeat, but sooner!  As I said, life is good on this side! 

Thank you to all who have helped me along this journey, your knowledge and advice has helped more than any doctor visit!  

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
keliblue
on 11/10/11 12:21 am - Georgetown, CA
Congrats to you !!    I feel the same way..  LIFE IS GOOD !!

FAITH..TRUST & PIXIE DUST.....

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/11 3:40 am - Bayonne, NJ
Congrats! I'm glad everything is working out for you now. :)
Renfairewench
on 11/10/11 6:30 am
Adele,
Are you going to Greenbaum's party?  Please say yes you are!

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

mrsannie
on 11/10/11 9:06 pm
When is the party?  I would love to go!

Renfairewench
on 11/10/11 11:18 pm
The party is on Saturday December 17 at A Touch of Class in Delran, NJ.  The address there is:  3001 Route 130  Delran, NJ 08075-2657
(856) 461-8660

If I remember correctly (I'm from Delanco) it's off of Tenby-Chase Road.

The party is free for those who have had weight loss surgery with either Dr. Greenbaum or Wasser
Ing(?) when he was there.  For guests the cost is $35.

You need to send your RSVP to as soon as possible. Tina Stanley-Riley
[email protected]

I let her know what and when my surgery was. She sent me back a confirmation. Easy Peasy.

There is a group of us from Facebook and here going so we can all sit at or near one another
and swap stories!  Bring some before pictures!

Hope to see you there.

GW 150

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/11 1:03 am - Bayonne, NJ
I don't think so. :( Way too much going on here.
Renfairewench
on 11/10/11 6:29 am
I am so happy for you!

Will you be going to Dr. Greenbaum's holiday party?  I'll be there!

Also, you really did hit the nail on the head about it being exhausting carrying extra weight around. Honestly, I don't know how I did it. I've lost 275 pounds and if you put that on me today I would not even be able to stand up. How did I even walk I wonder?  And you know, now I have difficulty picking up and carrying 40 pounds. Like what the heck? 

Life is good.... most of the time!

Maddie

GW 150

mrsannie
on 11/10/11 9:13 pm
Wow!  275 lbs?!!  You are amazing!!!  You are a totally different person!

You are the DS poster child!  You could tour the country and spread the word about the DS.

You are an inspiration!
Anne

Renfairewench
on 11/10/11 11:08 pm
Well, I didn't lose 275 pounds entirly with the DS.  I used to weigh 430 pounds (if you friend me take a look at my pictures, my before is there) and in 1999 I had an RNY. I lost 220 pounds with that and maintained for years around 210.  I felt amazing and skinny and sexy so it didn't matter to me that I was 210. I was more than half the person I once had been.  Four years after my RNY surgery I started gaining weight and over the next six years I gained ninety five pounds. I weighed 302.  My girlfriend was going for a revision with Dr. Greenbaum, she had an RNY too (different doctor) and pulled me along. A few months later I had my revision surgery. I now weigh about 165. My lowest weight has been 156 and a weight I hope to get back down to. And that is my DS story...lol.

Maddie

GW 150